Apply for the Chevening (UK Government) Scholarship 2018/19 today!
Closing Date: 7 November 2017, 12pm GMT/8pm Malaysia Time – Apply here
What is the Chevening Scholarship?
Chevening is the UK government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders since 1983.
Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, Chevening offers two types of award – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships – the recipients of which are personally selected by British Embassies and High Commissions throughout the world.
Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
Besides scholarships, Chevening also offers fellowships for Malaysians, which you can learn more about here.
Nice! Who can apply for the Chevening Scholarship?
The Chevening Scholarship is specifically for those who:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country (Malaysia is one such country!)
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018
Wow! What does a Chevening Scholar receive?
- fully-funded scholarship
- university tuition fees
- a monthly stipend
- travel costs to and from the UK
- an arrival allowance
- a homeward departure allowance
- the cost of one visa application
- a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
- develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK in a year of study
- be part of the Chevening alumni network of past and present scholars – check out the Malaysia alumni website here
I’m interested, where can I find out more?
Take some time to read all of the details about the Chevening Scholarship 2017 for Malaysians here.
There is also a very useful FAQs section on their website.
Alright, I’m ready to apply!
All the best! These are the documents you will need to prepare:
- Valid passport/national ID card
- University transcripts and degree certificates (undergraduate, postgraduate)
- Three different UK master’s course choices
You may also wish to submit the following optional documents if you already meet the requirements. You can submit your initial application without these documents, but you will have to upload them to your application by 12 July 2018:
- English language test results
- UK master’s university offer
Submit your application to the Chevening Scholarship through their online system for Malaysia, which you can access right here.
Closing Date: 7 November 2017
Looking for other scholarships? Maybe you’ll find the perfect one here.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends!